Northern Health is looking for an experienced, highly efficient, and self-directed casual clerk to support the Health Information department.
Under general supervision: performs clerical duties related to creating and maintaining patient records, record retrieval, assembly, quantitative analysis, release of information, and clerical duties relating to the admission and discharge of patients including registration. Performs a variety of clerical duties such as answering phones, taking messages, transferring calls, faxing reports, and restocking supplies. Receives and forwards calls and information utilizing a switchboard, public address and related communications system.
Fort St. John Hospital and Health Centre is a 46-bed hospital with 115 residential care beds in the adjoining Peace Villa Care Home. They have two state of the art operating rooms, ambulatory clinics including cancer care and hemodialysis, emergency and ICU, a birthing centre with single maternity rooms for labour, delivery, and post-partum.
Fort St. John is located above the Peace River Valley, and has a diverse population of 21,000 (2021) and serves an area of approximately 69,000. The friendly, small town feel comes with big city amenities and a vibrant arts community. Check out Fort St. John for more information on what this energetic community has to offer.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• “Loan Forgiveness Programs” are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
• Grade 12 and two (2) year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.