Please fill out and submit the New Graduate Nurse (RN/RPN) Pre-Screen Form
Northern Health provides new RN/RPN graduates with exciting rural and urban employment opportunities to launch their nursing career. Regular and relief, part-time and full-time positions are available, with an initial commitment of 6 months in the role.
Our goal is to match you with a job in the community of your choice that supports your career aspirations.
All new graduate RN/RPNs are enrolled in our New Graduate Transition Program, which provides targeted supports, including funding, education, and mentorship to enhance your skills and build your confidence as a new nurse.
If you are a recently graduated Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse, or are in your final year of study, please upload the following to this posting:
• Cover Letter (Optional)
• Please fill out and submit the New Graduate Nurse (RN/RPN) Pre-Screen Form
We will require a clinical reference from an instructor or preceptor, during the hiring process.
This position is flexible to any community within the Northern Health region. Explore our wonderful northern communities.
If you would like more information about our new graduate nurse employment opportunities or need assistance with your application, please reach out to a Northern Health Recruiter at NH Jobs
To be considered for a nursing position with Northern Health you need to be a recent or upcoming graduate of an approved school of nursing and be eligible for registration with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
• Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
• Communicates appropriately in interactions with patients, colleagues, students, and others.
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills when collecting, interpreting, and evaluating data.
• Analytical skills.
• Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
Northern Health provides high quality health services for the 300,000 people living in northern BC. We are one of the largest employers in northern BC with over 8,000 employees. We value talented and dedicated individuals who share our values of Respect, Innovation, Collaboration, and Empathy. Northern Health offers a dynamic work environment and has opportunities in many diverse communities with competitive benefits. Northern Health values diversity and strives to build a workforce that is representative of the people we serve. We encourage applications from Indigenous people, people with disabilities and visible minorities.
** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.