** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Licensed Practical Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Acropolis Manor.
Works within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with the standards, scope and code of ethics as outlined by BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) and vision and values of the Northern Health. Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor or designate, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, the Licensed Practical Nurse applies Nursing Process, performs assessments, plans, provides nursing care, and may provide direction to other staff. The LPN operates in accordance with the expected competencies within the Entry to Practice Competencies, Scope of Practice and Standards of Practice as outlined by BCCNM, as well as within a client and family centered care model and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols. The LPN will support clients and families to achieve and maintain optimal health by performing the following duties and responsibilities.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00, rotating
New Wage: As of April 1, 2023 the new wage is: $31.89 - $43.65/hour
Acropolis Manor is composed of three units East Pod, North Pod and West Pod. All Pods are located on the main floor. There are 56 beds including three respite beds plus five short stay beds. Acropolis Manor is attached to Prince Rupert Regional Hospital through a covered link on one end. Downtown is minutes away and residents can access Handi-Dart and taxi services as needed. The Recreation Therapist who develops therapeutic and leisure interventions that are tailored to support the mental, physical, social and spiritual well-being of the residents who live at Acropolis Manor establish recreation opportunities.
Prince Rupert is a coastal port city with a population of 12,220 (2021). It is nestled into a mountain and surrounded by the Great Bear Rainforest. See rare wildlife, explore our rugged landscapes, and experience world-class fishing adventures you won’t find anywhere else. Check out more on Prince Rupert, known as the halibut capital of the world.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• “Loan Forgiveness Programs”are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant.
• One (1) year of recent, related acute care or residential experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills within a specific clinical specialty or patient population dependent on the nature of the caseload (e.g. acute care, gerontology, palliative, etc.).
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to assign care and share knowledge with the multidisciplinary team, clients and families
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize; and ability to initiate and implement a plan of care.
• Ability to operate related equipment including proficiency in relevant computer applications.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.