** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Are you looking for that career that will allow you to combine your clinical expertise and your proven leadership skills? If you feel, you can deliver success by implementing strategies that focus the efforts of individuals on business goals, individual goals, team goals and translating them into positive outcomes – we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Health Service Administrator, the Manager, Patient Care Services is responsible for the management, leadership, and coordination of services for the areas within the portfolio. This includes responsibility for the management of staff and resources and the provision of leadership and consultative advice in clinical care, operational and administrative activities of the service(s); ensuring that services are delivered and implemented in an effective and efficient manner and meeting established strategic directions and organizational initiatives and objectives in a manner aligned with the organization’s culture, values, and strategic direction.
Starting salary will be approximately from $96,429 to $120,537 and will be based on education, training, experience, and salaries of similar positions.
Wrinch Memorial Hospital , a fully accredited acute care facility. It is a full-service hospital with visiting specialists in podiatry, geriatric assessment, cardiology, pediatric cardiology, internal medicine, urology, obstetrics and gynecology, general surgery, otolaryngology, pediatrics, respiratory and allergy, rheumatology, and occupational therapy.
The Hazeltons (Hazelton, New Hazelton and South Hazelton) are nestled within the spectacularly rugged Roche de Boule Mountain Range in Northern British Columbia with a population of 827 (2021). Hazelton, also known as Old Hazelton, is on the banks of the Skeena River near the world-famous 'Ksan Historical Village and museum. Check out The Hazeltons, known as the historic heartland of northwest BC.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• “Loan Forgiveness Programs” offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or other health care discipline, Health Administration or Public Administration.
• Seven (7) years’ experience, including two (2) years at the supervisory/management level.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Current registration, or eligibility for registration, with the appropriate governing professional body.
Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of a multidisciplinary team approach involved in the coordination of care in a complex environment and system of care services.
• Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to motivate and delegate.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to promote team building while understanding that decisive action is required.
• Ability to find creative solutions to problems and to develop alternative strategies to support quality improvement initiatives.
• Positive problem-solving skills in a dynamic unionized work environment.
• Computer proficiency.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.