Reporting to the Director of Inpatient and Restorative Services, the Manager, Maternal Child is responsible for the management, leadership and coordination of services for the areas within this portfolio. This includes responsibility for the management of staff and resources and the provision of leadership and consultative advice in clinical care, operational and administrative activities of the service(s); ensuring that services are delivered and implemented in an effective and efficient manner and meeting established strategic directions and organizational initiatives and objectives in a manner aligned with the organization’s culture, values and strategic direction.
Baccalaureate Degree in a health related field plus seven (7) to ten (10) years recent related experience plus post basic education in management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of a multidisciplinary team approach involved in the coordination of care in a complex environment and system of care services.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to motivate and delegate.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to promote team building while understanding that decisive action is required.
- Ability to find creative solutions to problems and to develop alternative strategies to support quality improvement initiatives.
- Positive problem solving skills in a dynamic unionized work environment.
- Computer proficiency.
PRINCE GEORGE COMMUNITY
Prince George is one of the larger cities in British Columbia with a population of approximately 75,000. Built on the confluence of the Fraser and Nechako rivers, Prince George is close to the geographic center of British Columbia and has become a transportation hub as well as an important link in the Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor. It is a major centre for shopping and a service centre for surrounding communities, as well as home to the University of Northern British Columbia. In Prince George, BC’s Northern capital, you are just minutes from being fully immersed in the wonders of our natural surroundings – this is a true outdoor person’s paradise. A warm, friendly and diverse population attests to our community spirit. You can be assured of discovering a myriad of entertainment and recreational options year-round, from heritage and cultural opportunities to good old family fun.